Title: Top Dressing & Turf Specialist
Classification: Regular, Full-time, Non-Exempt
Company: Aranda Lawn & Garden
Aranda Lawn & Garden is known for its unique design, attention to detail, and outstanding customer service. Qualified applicants will have a desire to help create inspired outdoor living spaces for our customers, will value teamwork, and have a positive and upbeat attitude.
The ideal candidate must be reliable, flexible, organized, detail oriented and a positive team player. We are committed to helping our clients grow healthier, greener, weed-resistant lawns through our top dressing services. Our team has years of experience and is trained to provide consistently excellent product applications for all of our clients.
As a top dressing and turf specialist, you will work outside and be hands-on by identifying, diagnosing, and treating turf issues as they arise. While experience is preferred, we will train the right candidate.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Applying compost, sand, fertilizers, as needed to turf lawns, in accordance with accepted industry practices, safety procedures, label instructions, and rules and requirements of various Federal, State, and local regulatory agencies.
- Preparing and mixing products according to label instructions and product specifications, and using them in accordance with prescribed safety precautions and directions.
- Ensuring the safe and proper operation of tools, vehicles, and equipment; adhering to safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Maintaining accurate records of product used.
- Completing all required correspondence regarding job assignments.
- Retention of customers through professional communication, and met expectations.
- Using hand tools, power tools and/or equipment to perform application duties.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Work experience is preferred, but we will train motivated and qualified individuals.
- Maintaining cleanliness of vehicle and equipment
- Preferred knowledge of turf science
- Able to read and write legibly
- Must possess basic mathematical skills; a strong eye for detail; and good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work required shift hours/days, including Monday to Friday
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work, and a valid State issued driver’s license if driving company vehicles
We offer an exciting work environment with competitive wages and paid vacation. There are many opportunities for professional growth within our company as we continue to expand our operations.
All successful applicants must demonstrate the ability to be self-starting and work cooperatively and efficiently in a team environment, and must share a commitment to the highest standards in customer service, quality, and professionalism.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include color vision and depth perception.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and fumes or airborne particles. The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts.
1-week paid vacation after 90 days of employment
Can be utilized for consecutive days in off-season: January – March, or used as sick days as needed
Professional Development Assistance
Bonuses based on performance
Monday – Friday, 8am-5pm
Weekend availability as needed
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Send us a message to apply!
Or email your resume over to firstname.lastname@example.org