If you enjoy caring for plants, landscape design or like to give gardening advice to anyone who will listen, then you should consider a career at our garden center. Available opportunities are listed below.
Nursery & Garden Shoppe – Weekend Keyholder
Title: Nursery & Garden Shoppe Weekend Keyholder
Reports To: Company Owners, Management
Classification: Regular, Part-time, Non-Exempt
The Nursery & Garden Shoppe Weekend Keyholder assists customers with questions related to our nursery plants and products, while working in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate must be reliable, flexible, organized, detail oriented and a positive team player. This position provides the initial contact to visitors at the Garden Shoppe, as well as visitor communication and service in the nursery areas.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Open and close the nursery, to include setting up for the day, answering phone calls, light cleaning, and closing out the drawer at the end of the day
- Greeting every customer who enters the store & feeling comfortable suggesting items to customers of all ages and backgrounds
- Assist customers with nursery, garden, boutique, plant and landscape purchases
- Being both detail and task oriented & keeping the store organized & looking its best throughout the shift
- Being proficient on a computer in order to use a POS system to track inventory
- Ringing out customers in a fast-paced environment while remaining calm, cheerful & upbeat
- Always being aware while monitoring all areas of the nursery and merchandise throughout the store to reduce & eliminate shrinkage
- Able to read and write legibly
- Must possess basic mathematical skills; a strong eye for detail; and good verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work required shift hours/days
- Must have reliable transportation to get to and from work
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is frequently required to walk; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions.
Horticulture experience is preferred
Knowledge of insects/pests, drainage & soil types, and an extensive knowledge of plants is required for this position
Weekends, 7:30am-2:30pm, Weekday/event availability as needed*
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Apply on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/3057087547908284/?source=share or email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Aranda Lawn & Garden – Landscape Crew Member
Title: Landscape Crew Member
Salary: $16-$20 / hr
Reports To: Company Owners
Classification: Temporary – Option to stay on after 90 days
Job Purpose: Full service landscape design company looking for an experienced landscape crew member with room to grow within our company! We are a small family owned and operated company in Shalimar, FL servicing residential and commercial properties.
- Experienced applicants only please. Must have a minimum of recent 1 year experience in lawn maintenance or full landscaping installation.
- Must be knowledgeable with grading, prepping, and general planting techniques.
- Experience with labor intensive work and working in the heat.
- Must have some experience with landscaping, new plant material installs and cleanups.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from our shop and be dependable.
- No frequent call outs! Reliability is a MUST.
- There is room for growth as we open our garden center.
- Hours are typically Monday-Friday with occasional Saturdays as rain make up days.
- Weekly pay
- Bonus eligibility
Qualifications & Job Skills Required:
- Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Physical Skills, Risks, and Environmental Conditions:
- Push. Pull, and carry various mowers, edgers, hedgers, tools, products, or items; carry 30 lb. backpack blower
- Leverage 50 lbs. of a walk behind mower, over curbs
- Walk 1-10 miles per day; stoop, stand, and bend for 8-10 hours of day
- Lift branches, and limbs, gripping, and squeezing repeatedly (pruning)
- Exposure to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, wind, rain)
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Occasional exposure to fumes, or airborne particles, toxic, or caustic chemicals
- Working near roadways and moving vehicles
- Moderate to loud noise levels in work environment – must wear appropriate safety equipment
Apply on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/job_opening/3029972683888438/?source=share or email resume to email@example.com